I Have Wandered

I have wandered lost and blind,
Within the confines of my mind.
My mental state was slowly sinking.
I needed to explore my thinking.
But the dolor that is lodged
Within my brain, still remains,
When I am done rethinking.
 
My mind has such a hollow shape,
An empty cage I can't escape.
If all my thoughts could be directed,
A useful structure thus erected,
Something good and useful might
Even be gained, or obtained,
Some evil circumvented.
 
Would I, could I, do some good?
I have no doubt at all I should.
Alas, I doubt that I am able,
The notion seems like just a fable,
For the focus, I am missing,
And the lack, holds me back,
Making me quite unstable.
 
[instrumental metal segment here, with maybe some incomprehensible growl vocals]
 
Chained to myself, I cannot break away.
I babble, but I know I have nothing good to say.
Sick to death of life, I am terrified to die,
I question all my goals, and I cannot answer why.
My dark thoughts tear me up, I have no one to confide,
It's eating me alive, all bottled up inside.
I want to go away, but there's nowhere left to turn.
I'm doomed to ride it out, and then in hell to burn.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
 
In the dark I sit and brood,
Savoring my somber mood.
But all my thinking turns to folly,
Empty, hollow, meloncholy,
And dejected, I return
To what I know, so I go
Back to the crass and bloody,
 
For I am quite unstable,
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh!
And I am done with thinking.
 

0 comments: