Do your friends, family, and coworkers accuse you of being a repository of useless information? (Mine do.) Here's your chance to test your knowledge of obscure but interesting tidbits...
- What is the major factor usually blamed for Dutch Disease?
- too much lowland in too small an area
- too much of a natural resource
- too many seventeen-year cicadas
- too little magnesium in the diet
- What does the word
- stuffed full
- fluoroastatic acid
- play in an irresponsible manner
- pass gas
- In Star Trek: The Next Generation, when Dr. Soong puts the emotion chip intended for Data into Lore, the android sings a song. The song that he sings features two major characters, only one of whom is named in the part that Lore sings. What is the name of the other character?
- Abu Hasan
- Kassim Baba
- Ivan Skavinsky Skavar
- Which of the following islands is currently claimed by Japan, but controlled by another country?
- Wake Island
- The following quote is an excerpt from (a translation of) a letter sent to a civil authority. Who wrote it? "In the second place, I was not even examined, let alone asked what my faith was, much less found guilty of any misdeed. Such a procedure, firstly, is counter to the Jewish law, John 7:51, where Nicodemus says: 'Does our law judge a man without first giving him a hearing and learning what he does?' Yes, it is also counter to the Gentile justice, Acts 25:16, where Festus says, '... it was not the custom of the Romans to give up any one before the accused met the accusers face to face, and had opportunity to make defense concerning the charge laid against him.'"
- Johann Reuchlin
- Huldrych Zwingli
- Alexander Mack
- Galileo Galilei
The answers have been posted in the comments.