Do your friends, family, and coworkers accuse you of being a repository of useless information? (Mine do.) Here's your chance to test your knowledge of obscure tidbits...
I've had some help coming up with the questions for this one, so hopefully they represent a broader spectrum of topics.
- Which was the first toy to be called an
- Captain Action
- G.I. Joe
- Which of the following is not a hardwood tree?
- The 1985 NFL season will forever be remembered by fans for the historically great Chicago Bears defense, which helped power the team to a convincing 46-10 win over the New England Patriots in Superbowl XX. But what team lead the league in offense that year?
- Chicago Bears
- Miami Dolphins
- San Diego Chargers
- San Francisco 49ers
- What is the traditional
well-knownTCP/IP port number commonly associated with NNTP?
- If you have desmodromic valves on your vehicle's engine, what is their function?
- Opening and closing the intake and exhaust valves without the use of return springs
- Removing air from the crankcase to lower internal air resistance
- Routing exhaust gases through the engine to help it warm up faster
- Allowing gaseous fuel vapors to be burned alongside liquid fuel
For bonus points, which of the following brands of vehicle is most likely to have these valves?
Most of the answers are in the comments now.
Quiz four is already in the works. If you have questions to contribute to future quizzes, send them in to email@example.com with the phrase
Esoteric Knowledge Quiz in the subject line (or. if you are on the Wheeitology list, you can just post them there). Thanks!